Beyond Bama: Alternative Breaks organizes trips for the UA student body during Fall, Winter, and Spring breaks. Alternative Break trips allow students to travel to communities in parts of the country and the world, and engage in service and experiential learning during university breaks. These short-term service trips provide an all-inclusive experience for students while providing a learning experience on issues such as literacy, poverty, culture, hunger, homelessness, and the environment. These trips are fundamentally life-changing for the students and those served.
By participating in a Beyond Bama: Alternative Breaks program, students gain exposure to outside communities; gain interview skills through our application process; gain coaching on individual strengths; and engage in team work/group dynamics.
Identifying your transferable skills and understanding their value to employers will increase your effectiveness in the job search.
All Beyond Bama trips are online application based. If you have any questions about our application process, feel free to stop by the Center for Service and Leadership within the Ferguson Center in Suite 1100. The below prices are all inclusive.
Chaperone Interest Form
Alternative Spring Break Scholarships
Scholarships applications can be made through UA Away, click here to apply!
- Ali Dibartolomeo – Team Leader
- Logan Fenhouse – Team Leader
- Brooklyn Pfanstiel – Chair of Community Partner Relations
- Hannah Arendsen – Chair of Logistical Operation
- Allysa Rapadas – Chair of Financial Operations
- Dalton Grainger – Chair of Marketing and Outreach
- Abigail Steele
- Caroline Kirbo
- Amanda Dorris
- Nicole Terfloth
- Abby Clark
- Corinne Baroni
- Emma Sanders
- Anne Diemer
- Emma Anne McKinley
- Lindsey Drost
- Hannah Meyer
- Michael Bruno
- Taryn Johnson
- Shannon Ogrodzinski
- Jack Holmquist
One Day Trip
- Sept. 22nd: Cultivating Community: Housing Initiative After Disaster in Lee County
- Feed the Need: Understanding Food Insecurity in Urban Memphis- $425
- Food for Thought: Halting Hunger and Food Insecurity in Alabama- $325
- Coastal Causes: Gaining Perspective on Homelessness in Coastal Alabama- $300
- Care with a Conscience: Understanding Healthcare in Central America- $2750
- Sustained Disaster Relief: Homelessness in the Wake of Hurricane Harvey- $525
- Give Kids the World: Serving Families Facing Illness- $525
Contact Beyond Bama
Twitter Facebook Instagram