Service Learning Pro is the central hub for volunteer opportunities and service learning at UA. With over 225 community partners, 60 Greek organizations, 150 student organizations, and 200 faculty currently using the system to post volunteer opportunities, SL Pro is the “one-stop shop” for finding volunteer opportunities that interest you.
By using SL Pro, you will be able to:
- Browse available volunteer opportunities on-campus, in Tuscaloosa, and beyond
- Sign up for volunteer projects online
- Log and track your volunteer service hours
- Find information on any service-learning courses you are enrolled in and search for volunteer opportunities approved for your service- learning course
- Communicate easily with the supervisor of your volunteer project
- Print a portfolio of your service experiences when you graduate
SL Pro is utilized all over campus, so we are encouraging all students to create profiles. Even if you aren’t ready to start volunteering now, you will be one step closer to finding the perfect opportunities for you! Getting started in SL Pro is easy. It takes less than 1 minute to create a profile!
Instructions on how to register in SL Pro:
- Go to SL Pro
- Click on “Login” in the Student box.
- Click “Create a profile.”
- Enter your personal information and create a username and password (we recommend using your myBama username and password since it’s easy to remember).
- Click “Submit Profile” at the bottom of the page, and you will be logged into SL Pro and directed to your homepage.
- Click “Browse” in your profile to see the volunteer opportunities currently available to students.
- When you find a project that interests you, click “Register Now” and you will be signed up to serve.
- You can return to SL Pro at anytime to log your volunteer hours, review your service record, and sign up for new volunteer opportunities.
For further assistance with SL Pro, contact Merrill Flowers in the Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility at email@example.com or 205-348-6494.